Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Father

Oil on Canvas

Size of 50 x 55 (cm)


My father was born in HuiBei, China on lunar calendar May 3 of 1922; and he passed away at home on May 3 of 2011. My little daughter kept asking me how he looked like of passing away. I could only say peacefully sleeping without any sound. He was a good man, a loyal veteran, an honest citizen, and a nobody. He knew the time was coming, insisting a hair cut, and few tears on the last weekend, but he left no sorrow words at all, only told grand-daughters be safe when walking on streets. What else do I remember? The summer he taught me to play Chinese Chess when I was in elementary school. We played every day till I was good at. He liked to took us watching house construction near-by. He was a quiet person, and enjoyed reading all sorts of books, novels, papers. I was planing to drawing him and Mom together in a double portrait, but I failed to take the photo. My little brother dug out this photo, and I decided to finished it as soon as possible. I did finish it for the funeral in time. The least thing I can do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home